Make plans to be a part of the first inaugural 2017 Lush Life Gala, benefiting the Jazz Arts Initiative Academy Programs.
This event takes place Saturday, May 20, 2017, beginning at 6 p.m. at The Ritz-Carlton Charlotte. This black tie event will feature cocktails, dinner & desserts, awards.
The evening will include three raffles featuring unique items donated by Windsor Jewelers:
- A Men's Bell&Ross BR 123 Sports Heritage Watch with a retail value of $3,100.
- A set of Sterling Silver and Turquoise Necklace and Earrings by Charles Krypell with a retail value of $2,000.
- Miles Davis Montblanc Limited Edition Pen retail value $1600.
There are a limited number of tickets for each item at $100 each. You can also purchase your raffle ticket by calling 704.334.3900.
2017 NICA’S DREAM AWARD RECIPIENT
Dr. John Hasse
Grammy-nominated jazz writer, curator, author and public speaker
The Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC
ELLIS MARSALIS EXCELLENCE AWARD
Ella Fitzgerald Charitable Foundation
CLYDE KERR JR. SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
JAI Student Alumnus Luther Samuel Allison
Benefitting the Jazz Arts Initiative Jazz Academy:
- Youth Ensembles + Workshops - for student grades 7-12 who want to continue improving their skills with the context of a small jazz ensemble over a 24-week session.
- Jazz in Schools - Exciting and informative 45-90 minute performance presentations, including audience participation and a question and answer session for students and teachers.
- JazzArts Music Camp - A week long summer camp providing students the opportunity to perform together in combos, working closely with world-renowned musicians like Delfeayo Marsalis, Christian Scott, and Mark Baud (2017).
DATE: Saturday, May 20th, 2017
COCKTAIL RECEPTION: 6:00 PM
GALA: 7:00 PM
PLACE: The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte (201 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202)
TICKETS: $200 per person
PARKING: Complimentary valet parking is provided at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte